The single most effective way to build a relationship with your Neema Student is through letter writing. Letter writing may seem like a novelty in today's world, but it is through letters, whether they be a quick note or several pages long, handwritten or written online, that we send the consistent and deeply personal message, "You matter. I love you. I'm with you." We have created an easy way for you to submit a letter below.
Write about topics your Neema Student is probably familiar with.
* Keep your letters short and use simple vocabulary.
* Keep your letters positive and encouraging.
* Describe your family, home, pets, hobbies, sports, job, school, city, country, etc.
* Consider spending some time researching Kenya as a base to ask a question.
* Ask her to teach you some Swahili words!
* Ask only a few questions at a time so she does not feel overwhelmed.
* Be sensitive to avoid sending pictures that show material possessions (example: your family in front of your house or your teenager in front of a new car) but DO send pictures of your family and pets! (Due to space and weight restrictions during travel, please include 1 – 2 photos per letter.)
** Please AVOID suggesting your sponsored student visit you and providing/mentioning gifts. While your intentions may be pure, we are working to build relationships with the Neema community based on how we can use our strengths to serve each other rather than what we can give.
If you would like to send a photo... and we highly encourage it!
Please send a photo by uploading it HERE.